6-Day Photo Tour: Vinalhaven Island (Adult Summer Photo Camp)
Join this Photography Tour to Vinalhaven and discover the gems of an island twelve miles from the mainland. Be swept away by the culture, the pace, the quaintness, the people, the landscape and the ocean views. Immerse yourself in island life as we explore the heart of the island and let your experiences inform your image making. Dee has been bringing photographers to Vinalhaven for more than 30 years. Her connections will allow you to experience the island like a local. Come along on this journey and discover the allure that has artists coming back for more.
Days are full, but not rushed. Think “Adult Summer Photo Camp”; fun, adventurous, and yet restorative.
TOUR PRICE: $1195, includes photo tour, group transportation on tour, welcome lobster-bake dinner. (Does not include lodging. Expect to pay $200-$220 before taxes. Group rate will be decided upon by the motel once we have our group number.)
More info on the website.
Questions? Call Dee at 207-594-1224 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- perfect for all photographers & all camera types
- be met at your skill level with guidance to build on your camera-handling techniques
- expand your personal vision with tips on seeing and composition
- demonstrations and discussions, hands-on exercises to practice techniques
- feedback and critiques
- group size will be small, and you’ll have a lot of individual attention
- take advantage of photo opportunities from sunrise to sunset
- geologically diverse with 23 land preserves to explore for intimate nature details as well as ocean vistas.
- beautiful bay scenery with views of small, spruce covered islands
- rocky coastline
- busy working harbor with the largest fleet of lobster boats in the area
- friendly, helpful, and charming people
- year-round population of 1200
- thriving lobster fishing industry
- a vibrant artist community
- small village with unique shops and galleries
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- visiting a printmakers studio.
- peaceful nature trail hikes
- excursions to hard-to-find locations and hidden spots
- visiting a working artist’s studio
- diving into the rich granite history at the museum or a crystal clear quarry
- a boat ride for a picnic lunch to a nearby uninhabited island
- zooming around the bay on a private lobster boat charter.
- adventuring in a skiff to the neighboring island village for happy hour at the brew-pub
- explore a busy working harbor with one of the largest lobstering fleets on the Maine coast
- kayaking or bicycling (rental fees not included in tour price)
- learn what it takes to live full time on an island
- discover signs of island history while on excursions
- lodging in the center of the village
You are welcome to participate as much or as little as you wish. Our itinerary is dependent on weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
LODGING: The Tidewater Motel.
You will be lodging in the center of the village, on the edge of the harbor, and over the rushing tide, literally, at the Tidewater Motel. Rooms are bright and pleasant. We have a few rooms set aside and you will book directly with the Tidewater after securing your spot in the photo tour.