4-Day Photo Tour: Lighthouse Sailing Adventure
Below are some details but there is so much more on the website, including info and links for Schooner Mary Day, our vessel for this adventure.
Join me on this 4-day photography sailing adventure aboard one of Mid-Coast Maine’s finest sailing schooners, Mary Day. The lighthouses are a means to a destination, but there is so much more. Long summer days bring plenty of photography opportunities on and off the boat.
- Seabirds & marine wildlife
- Sunsets & sunrises (if you can get up early enough, 4:30am)
- Spruce covered islands & rocky shorelines
- Beautiful scenery with views of the Camden Hills and Acadia National Park
This is both a land & sea photography adventure.
- How about a hike on an uninhabited island, a nature preserve, or a lobster picnic on a deserted beach?
- Visit a remote fishing village, or historic coastal town.
- Onboard possibilities include; relaxing to the rhythm of the wind and waves, taking a turn at the wheel, helping raise & trim the sails, or learning maritime navigation.
- Evening anchorages will provide a night sky display that you may have never seen before. Best on the east coast.
- There’s always the chance for a refreshing dip in the bay.
- And we will eat like queens and kings.
You will be met at your skill level with guidance to build on your camera-handling techniques. I’ll review your images throughout the day to offer tips on seeing and composition. Finding the strengths in your vision is important to set a foundation to grow upon. I will offer exercises in seeing, there will be group discussions, and hopefully a finale slide show of every one’s best images. Discussions will be based on the skill level of the group. There will be something for everyone.
Questions? Call Dee at 207-594-1224, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo Fee: $650.
- Room and Board are on the boat. Boat Fee: starts at $1148, must book with Mary Day. Contact me to let me know that you are booking your cabin on the boat.
- Board the boat on Tuesday June 20, 4pm or later (we leave the dock the next morning).
- Return on Saturday, June 24 around 11:00am.