Live here. Play here. Bank here. Work here.
If you’re looking to build your career at a forward-thinking organization with deep community roots and a vision for growth, success, and giving back, you’ve come to the right place.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join an AWESOME human resources team?! This TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST is the perfect role for someone who wants to support the full recruiting process from requisition to onboarding.
Perhaps you’re looking to KICKOFF YOUR CAREER in human resources and want to lean into your customer service skills, executing with high detail, and love finding creative solutions…or maybe you’re an EXPERIENCED RECRUITER seeking a collaborative team environment at one of the Best Places to Work in Maine. If you have high-energy, are self-motivated and passionate about aligning top talent with career opportunities, and have a positive, can-do attitude, this may be the role for you.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for full life cycle recruiting including sourcing, networking, interviewing, hiring and onboarding top talent. This is a unique opportunity to learn the banking industry from the inside. This position will become a talent expert for all business lines including: operations, commercial, wealth management, financial consultant, mortgage and retail across 60+ locations. This position partners with the Vice President of Talent Acquisition to fulfill positions from leadership to entry level with a focus in Maine, distending into New Hampshire and Massachusetts. This person must be comfortable managing 20+ positions in different stages of the recruiting life cycle from requisition to onboarding. The position requires a person who is high-energy, self-motivated and driven with a service mentality, as well as, someone who can change direction quickly while handling multiple inquiries from different managers simultaneously. We are looking for a recruiter who is passionate about finding top talent and has the ability to overcome talent market restraints, while executing a positive can-do approach. An investigative and inquisitive mindset combined with creative thinking is an absolute must to be successful in this role.
This position offers the flexibility to work from a Camden National location in Rockport half of the week…and the ability to work from home the remainder of the week!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition Manager this position manages- intake meetings with hiring managers; design and placement of internal and external advertisements; sourcing and networking with candidates; interviewing (by phone, video and in person); pre-employment verifications; recommendations for hire; creating and delivering offers; negotiating rates and onboarding new hires.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition Manager on a daily basis to set priorities and to create daily recruiting strategies.
- Utilizes social media and job boards, along with other various recruitment methods, to drive candidate interest and establish pipelines for current and future opportunities.
- Nurtures relationships with prospective candidates and manages on-going relationships with hiring managers across the organization.
- Supports onboarding to ensure a top-notch new hire experience.
- Promotes employee referral program to drive candidate referrals.
- Partners with external staffing agencies to identify and recruit candidates, often for temporary staffing needs.
- Maintains applicant tracking system and provides reporting metrics.
- Drives Talent Acquisition and HR projects as identified with a goal of creating efficiencies and improving the candidate experience.
- Serves as an expert in the Recruiting module of the HRIS system, currently Workday.
- Understands and abides by employment laws as required throughout the recruiting lifecycle.
- Acts as a partner and mentor for hiring managers throughout the recruiting process, developing strong relationships, and providing guidance and expertise in the decision making process as candidates move through the process, including recommendations on job offers via the Compensation Guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all steps (60+) of the recruiting process, exhibiting top-notch attention to detail to ensure all are completed accurately and under required deadlines.
- Communicates with candidates effectively, and frequently, at all stages from application to offer to candidate turn-down. Checks references on prospective candidates.
- Represents Camden National Bank at community based career events to source talent.
- 3-5 years of previous experience with full-life cycle recruiting in a corporate environment.
- Thorough knowledge of recruitment and interviewing techniques, including federal and state laws regarding employment practices required.
- Strong business acumen and resourcefulness to identify passive talent and leverage internal/external resources.
- Experience working in a fast paced corporate recruiting environment where talent acquisition is the support area focused on locating, recruiting and hiring candidates into the same organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with external candidates, vendors, and all levels of internal Stakeholders, up to and including senior management. Top-notch communication skills, both written and verbal required. Strong sense of customer service with a positive can-do attitude is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will need to have advanced knowledge of Human Resource systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Telephone, Internet, etc. Expertise in these applications must be present at hire or quickly and easily developed after hire. Experience with Workday is a plus. HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems, as well as top-notch social media recruiting skills (LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.) required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org