Website New Hope Midcoast
24/7 domestic abuse, support, services & prevention
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope Midcoast is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo counties affected by domestic abuse, dating violence, and stalking. We also provide educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer, healthier future.
We currently have an opening for an Education and Outreach Director. This position oversees the development, implementation, evaluation, and supervision of New Hope Midcoast’s Violence Prevention Program. The Violence Prevention Program seeks to understand the systemic framing of institutional responses to domestic abuse and violence and to implement strategies to close gaps and improve the system responses to victim-survivors. This position directly supervises five team members.
We seek a candidate with the following qualities:
- Demonstrated experience in social justice policy advocacy and/or systems change work.
- Demonstrated program and project management skills.
- Supervisory experience, including human resources management, coordination of programing, as well as monitoring and evaluation of staff performance.
- Strong training and capacity development skills, including the ability to support the professional development goals of a wide range of staff.
- Exceptional presentation and training facilitation skills.
- Understand and be committed to issues of diversity and demonstrate the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, inform, and support community partners on cross-sectional social justice issues.
- Ability to research, analyze, and present complex information effectively.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including significant experience with public speaking.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of relevant professional work experience in domestic abuse or other closely-related social service field.
- Experience in social media management, including content creation, strategy, content calendar and analytics.
- Computer skills: Demonstrated proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, digitizing training content, electronic presentation, website development, Canva or other graphic design tool.
Additional Job Information:
- Full-time (40hr) position located in Rockland, ME, with hybrid work opportunities.
- Salary range starting at $52,000/year with excellent benefits as well as mileage reimbursement
How to apply:
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with intersecting identities – LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
All applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “Education and Outreach Director” to the subject field. After reviewing applications, we will contact selected applicants for interviews. Applications for this position will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com