Website New Hope Midcoast
24/7 domestic abuse, support, services & prevention
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope Midcoast is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people affected by domestic abuse, dating violence, and stalking, regardless of gender, age, ability or other identities. We serve Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo counties in Maine. We also provide educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer, more inclusive future.
We currently have an opening for a second Transitional Services Advocate position. The Transitional Services Advocate is responsible for supporting individuals or families in our transitional housing program by helping them to identify and work towards their goals to become self-sufficient. This person will also work with the four other members of our residential team to help clients navigate the housing system as well as assist in staffing the helpline.
- You can both: work independently with limited day-to-day supervision and work collaboratively with other team members and community partners
- You have effective listening, oral and written communication skills
- You are punctual, dependable, and committed to the work
- You are respectful, kind, and empatheticQualifications
- Relevant knowledge, experience and skills or equivalent bachelor’s degree
- Excellent listening, writing, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision
- Experience working with adults
- Experience providing case management
- Knowledge of local social services, housing, criminal justice, education, and health systems
- Basic computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suites helpful but not required)
- Possession of a valid and active Maine driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and adequate insurance, or access to reliable and consistent transportationAdditional Job Information:
- Full or part-time (20 or 40 hr) position located either in Rockland, ME or Bath, ME with travel required throughout our catchment area and the option for working remotely with flexible hours, based on need.
- Significant driving required throughout the four counties (business related mileage is reimbursable)
- Rotate as the staff back up for a 7-day period, 4-5 times a year
- Starting at $19.25/hour, salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits, including but not limited to: health insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays and personal time, and retirement
How to apply:
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Indigenous, people of color, people with intersecting identities LGBTQIA+, women, non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities. All applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please add “Transitional Services Advocate” to the subject line. We will contact selected applicants for interviews via Zoom. This posting will remain open until Monday, August 8th at 9 AM. Position is expected to begin in September 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org