Website Penobscot Bay YMCA
The Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization
Do you love swimming? Do you enjoy working with kids? Do you care about creating a healthy community? Join the Pen Bay Y to ensure that children (and adults!) in our Mid Coast community can learn the vital and fun life skill of swimming. We are seeking a caring, dedicated, energetic team member to coordinate our aquatics programs. The Coordinator will develop and implement swim lesson and water safety programs, hire and supervise instructors, and support the Aquatics Director to create a supportive, safe and thriving swimming community. This position supports the work of the Pen Bay Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our Y is a great place to work– we have a supportive team environment, offer free Y family membership and 20% discount on Y programs (including childcare), and provide a great benefits package, including paid holidays, paid time off, and a 10% retirement contribution after 2 years of service. Apply today and start your career at the Y!
1. Provides safe, effective and creative instruction for individuals at all levels.
2. Provides quality and timely guidance, instruction and support to all members through proper instruction in group settings.
3. Works with swim instructor staff team to ensure excellent swim lessons are being provided
4. Provides effective individual supervision and encouragement during program time and ensures other swim lesson staff are providing the same.
5. Finds approved coverage for classes when unable to instruct, assists other instructors with finding coverage.
6. Is responsible with providing fill in assistance for staff as needed.
7. Runs all swim lesson instructor in-services
· 1+ years of experience working with youth in a childcare, coaching or other setting.
· 2-3 years experience or expertise in specific program field recommended.
· CPR and First Aid Certification (within 1 month of hire).
· Redwoods Child Safety training (within 1 month of hire).
· Achieve Y swim lesson instructor certification within first 6 months.
· Exercise good judgment around areas of responsibility.
· Demonstrate a high tolerance for interruptions and varied routine.
· Proven desire to “take charge” of areas of responsibilities.
· Available to run and oversee all swim lesson program times including Saturdays
· Ability to keep confidences related to office and personnel matters.
· Ability to work successfully with many types of people.
· Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and demands
· Ability to communicate effectively with all age groups
· Supervisory experience of 1+ years recommended.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com