Website Penobscot Bay YMCA
The Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization
Do you love swimming? Do you enjoy working with kids? Do you care about creating a healthy community? Join the Pen Bay Y to ensure that children (and adults!) in our Mid Coast community can learn the vital and fun life skill of swimming. We are seeking caring, dedicated, energetic team members to teach swim lessons. We will provide training. This position supports the work of the Pen Bay Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our Y is a great place to work– we have a supportive team environment, offer free individual Y membership and paid time off. Apply today and start your career at the Y! FMI or to apply visit www.penbayymca.org
1. Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
2. Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers students and parents to other programs.
4. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
5. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
6. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
7. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
8. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen.
2. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
3. YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
4. At least 16 years of age.
Paid time off and individual Y membership
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org