Website Penobscot Bay YMCA
The Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization
Flexible schedule, part-time hours
- Be personally responsible for the life of each and every swimmer while you are on duty. Be alert, vigilant, and conscientious.
- Position yourself to maintain proper visual coverage of the pool area.
- Implement proper emergency procedures when necessary.
- Perform appropriate rescues, CPR/AED and basic first when necessary.
- Know and enforce all facility rules.
- Manage behaviors to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all members of the YMCA.
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (Will provide certification with employment)
- Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Regular exposure to temperatures that exceed 80 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity, noise in excess of normal work environment, some chlorine odors, and exposure to chlorine treated water.
- Use of computer keyboard, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity.
- Standing, swimming and sitting for periods exceeding 30 minutes may be required while lifeguarding/instructing
- Have the physical strength to remove an adult victim from the water according to training guidelines.
- Complimentary use of facilities and programs with part-time employment and paid time off.
To apply: visit www.penbayymca.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org