Website tanglewood4h UMaine 4-H Camps and Learning Centers at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove
Food Services Assistant
Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove’s kitchen staff work closely with the Food Service Supervisor and the director to ensure the dietary needs of everyone at camp are met. Food Services Assistants help to prepare healthy meals and to make sure the kitchen is kept at Maine State health code standards. For the 2022 program season, the Food Services Supervisor will prepare 2-3 meals per day for up to 75 people.
The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally focused summer camps for Maine youth in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Programs emphasize community living, respect for others, fun, safety, responsibility, and the joy of being a part of the natural world. Our mission is to teach and inspire people from Maine and beyond to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature-based experiences. We strive to develop lifelong skills and a sense of community spirit.
- Assist cooks with kitchen duties every morning, afternoon, and/or evening depending on program season: food prep, baking, dishwashing, laundry, cleaning, etc.
- Wash and sanitize dishes according to established protocols. Monitor dish machine to ensure proper operation.
- Regularly clean dish machine and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure proper and timely trash removal; regularly clean trash containers.
- Follow established protocols for composting.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen, including equipment, counters, and floors.
- High safety and sanitation standards
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, team player
- Preferred: Training and/or experience in sanitation, food preparation and protection, hygiene, and record-keeping
Compensation, dates, and application information:
- Part-time, seasonal: 20-40 hours per week June 12-August 31
- $15.00/hour per hour (pre-tax)
- Optional rustic housing available, meals included during programming
- Apply online at umaine.edu/tanglewood/employment/apply.
Employees in the University of Maine System are required to comply with UMS COVID protocols which currently include but are not limited to, being vaccinated, obtaining a qualified vaccination exemption, and/or participating in regular COVID testing.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org